The Azuero Eco Foundation supports its sustainable land management and habitat restoration initiatives through 3 in-house programs:
- Tree Seedling Nursery: Each year we grow thousands of native, fruit and timber seedlings for planting out in the field during the June-July reforestation season.
- Organic Garden: Our garden serves as a trial ground for testing organic agricultural practices that can be applied on a broader scale.
- Seed bank: We collect seed from local plants and trees to exchange with other community members and local seed banks. Are you interested in trading with us?
These programs need a lot of volunteer power to run successfully and provide a perfect entry into environmental issues in the local area. Contact us if you would like to volunteer!
Visit us for more sustainable land management information:
- GIS mapping data of crop production on the peninsula
- Research on native and non-native plants and crops and their planting and harvesting needs
- Community events such as Guest Expert events on topics related to organic agriculture and reforestation
- Technical assistance and capacity-building for School Gardens and associated curricula
- Volunteer Days with high school students and other groups in the garden and/or nursery
- Workshops and community meetings on the benefits of organic farming and reforestation